Thursday 23 February 2017. Location: Centro Svizzero Via Palestro, 2 20121 Milan
17h30: Welcome and registration 18h – 19h45: Conference
19h45: Cocktail reception
Litigating in the U.S. – A comparative
approach with the Italian system
K&L Gates in partnership with the American Chamber of Commerce in Italy is pleased to invite you to their conference followed by a cocktail reception.
Driven by increased trade and the internet, the U.S. is a critical and growing market for Italian companies. However, given the potential costs and jurisdiction of US courts, litigation risks are a business critical concern. We believe that if companies are sufficiently prepared, they will be able to better manage their litigation risk in the U.S.
Please join us for an interactive dialogue, where we will contrast key differences in the litigation process between the US and Italy, covering:
• Preliminary and procedural matters
• The approach to evidence: a different world
• Cost of litigation and settlement of the case
• Miscellanea (interim measures, comparison with arbitration, etc.)
• Craig W. Budner, Global Integration and Strategic Growth Partner K&L Gates, Dallas
• Andrea Campana, Senior Associate K&L Gates, Milan
• Simone Crolla, Consigliere Delegato AmCham Italy
• Gerald A. Novack, Partner, K&L Gates, New York
• Giampaolo Salsi, Partner, K&L Gates, Milan
To attend, please email Events.ML@klgates.com.
+ View more Litigation and Dispute Resolution-related events on K&L Gates HUB
K&L Gates comprises approximately 2,000 lawyers globally who practice in fully integrated offices located on five continents. The firm represents leading multinational corporations, growth and middle-market companies, capital markets participants and entrepreneurs in every major industry group as well as public sector entities, educational institutions, philanthropic organizations and individuals. For more information about K&L Gates or its locations, practices and registrations, visit klgates.com.
To listen to the entire conference click here.